As a wrap up to EDC3100 I have listed a number of points that I learned throughout this course regarding why teachers should integrate ICTs into their lessons:
- Teachers can personalise the learning experience by using websites, apps, learning games, e-books and virtual tutorials to meet the students learning needs.
- Instant access to knowledge and information that is not available when using textbooks.
- Students prefer to use ICTs such as computers, tablets, smartphones and the Internet.
- Students who use ICTs in the classroom will be ready to use ICTs in their future workplace enhancing their workplace readiness.
- The use of ICTs increases student engagement.
- ICT hardware and software is always improving.